Arab Advisors Group released a new report: “Digital Payments in Jordan” which analyzed the various digital payments offered by telecom operators and key digital payment players in Jordan. The report, which was released in September 2021, answers the following questions:
- What are the digital payments available in Jordan, who are the key players and what are their offerings?
- What is the regulatory framework governing digital payments?
- How are telecom operators involved in digital payments?
- What are the recent key events in this sector?
- What are the significant digital payment indicators?
“Digital financial services in Jordan powered by financial technology have been positively impacted by COVID pandemic as we have seen rapid growth.” said Hiba Rabadi, Arab Advisors Group’s Deputy General Manager. “However, the Jordanian market is opportune for further growth as governments are opening up the opportunity for innovation in the financial technology sector and are facilitating growth in this field.”
“The digital revolution has reached Jordan. Consumers are seeking digital solutions for their financial needs in Jordan. This has been accelerated out of the need presented by the COVID pandemic, as there was a 113% rise in mobile wallets in 2020,” Dana Shekem, Arab Advisors Group’s Analyst noted. “There have been numerous developments in the digital payments’ field in Jordan recently, with breakthroughs in both the public and private sectors. This is rapidly becoming a significant sector as mobile payments reached over 12 million JDs in the first half of this year.”