Radisson Hotel Group, one of the world’s leading hotel groups, looks prudently optimistic into 2022. It positively strengthens its presence in the Middle East and further regional expansion in KSA with two more new openings in the pipeline before the end of the year, contributing to the Group sealing more than 250 hotels signed since the start of the pandemic.
With over 75 hotels in operation and under development in the region, the Middle East remains a key focus for Radisson Hotel Group’s global strategy. This year, the Group continued its development momentum, adding over 2,000 keys to its Middle East portfolio, including several milestones such as:
- Launching the Radisson brand in the region with the opening of the 481-key Radisson Damac Hills this year.
- Doubling of the Group’s presence in Jeddah with the addition of over 600 rooms, most of which will open in 2022 with the launch of the Radisson Individuals brand in the region.
- Also doubling the Group’s presence in Makkah, Saudi Arabia, adding nearly 1000 rooms and serviced apartments in Thakher City.
- Later this year, the opening of the Radisson Resort in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE, marking our entry in this thriving emirate. The opening aligns with the rising demand for beach resorts, with a second resort opening on Palm Jumeriah in 2022.
- Bringing the second Radisson Collection hotel to Riyadh with Mansard Riyadh, due to open in Q1 2022.
As part of Radisson Hotel Group’s five-year expansion and transformation plan, the dynamic group is set to reinforce its position as a global leader across the region, striving to reach 100 hotels by 2025. By the end of 2021, Radisson Hotel Group will have opened 4 hotels and 1,500 keys this year, including the opening of the Radisson Riyadh Airport, as well as the sixth hotel in Riyadh with the introduction of Radisson Blu Hotel, Riyadh Qurtuba.
Elie Milky, Vice President, Development, Middle East, Cyprus, Greece, and Pakistan at Radisson Hotel Group, said: “The year has been marked by various achievements, from key signings and numerous openings to brand and product debuts with the launch of Radisson Individuals and the opening of more resorts. We have signed 2,000 keys and opened 1,500 keys in the key markets of the UAE and Saudi Arabia as we establish scale in line with our development strategy. In 2022 we aim to leverage this momentum as we look to open another 1,500 keys with the aim of penetrating even more markets in the region. Our focus continues to be on diversifying our product offering along with our owners and investors as we develop more resorts and serviced apartments as a response to the strong demand for these attractive hospitality real estate models; while maintaining our dynamic conversions strategy to remain competitive and appealing to the changing needs of the hospitality investment landscape.’’
Tim Cordon, Senior Area Vice President, Middle East & Africa at Radisson Hotel Group, said: “I could not be prouder of our teams across all departments and properties for these remarkable milestones which would not be possible without them.As the Middle East remains a key market for us, our ambitions to expand across the region remains steadfast as we continue to further accelerate our presence with exciting upcoming openings and signings as we head into 2022.’
Building on the success of the Group’s five-year expansion and transformation plan, Radisson Hotel Group is ready for the rebound of travel. It remains firmly committed to becoming the brand of choice for owners, partners, and guests.