Tell Us More About What You Do?
My mission is to help successful leaders achieve positive, lasting change in behavior: for themselves, their people, their teams and their organizations.
What Is Your Specialist Skill?
In support of my mission, I cover:
• Speaking or teaching – I travel around the world speaking or teaching on leadership, coaching, behavioral change or engagement.
• Executive coaching – I was just recognized as the #1 CEO coach in the US by the American Management Association. My coaching clients have included many top executives from corporations, government agencies and non-profits.
• Writing – I am the editor or co-author of 35 books, including the New York Times bestsellers, MOJO and What Got You Here Won’t Get You There. My books have been translated in 33 languages and I have had listed bestsellers in 12 countries.
What Best Coaching Strategies Can You Share?
Over 1,000 coaches have been trained in my coaching process. Some of the steps include:
• Leaders receiving confidential feedback.
• Selecting focused areas for change.
• Following-up in a disciplined way.
• Measuring positive, long-term change in behavior.
My coaching process has the coach play the role of facilitator – not expert.
Can You Take Us Through This Strategy?
My process has been so successful because:
• Leaders, and their managers (if they are not the CEO), take personal responsibility for what they want to change.
• They make the ‘business case’ for change to me, I do not make the business case for them. In other words, they convince me this is worth the time and effort, I don’t convince them.
• My process involves ongoing disciplined follow-up and is not a ‘one time’ experience.
• I get paid only for results (after 18 months) not activities. I get paid for helping leaders achieve positive, lasting change in behavior as judged by the people they most respect in their lives.
What Do You Recommend Our Readers Do?
I give away almost all of my material online. I invite readers to visit www.MarshallGoldsmith.com.
You can view my most recent 27 videos, read some of my hundreds of articles, and use whatever works for you.