Do you know how to engage mindsets, ask questions, involve people, contextualize content into areas more relevant to them and get them enthusiastic about training?
What disengages students from learning?
– Boring delivery of information.
– An uninteresting subject.
– Interesting but irrelevant topics.
– Confusing information that requires too much work to clarify, so people don’t bother.
– Same old same old training methods/techniques that deliver no benefit.
Here are my top tips for keeping learners engaged throughout the learning process:
- Sell the benefits – Why is the training valuable? How will it help them?
- Be passionate, enthusiastic and lead the class strongly and the students will follow.
- Examine what puts you off training and ensure you don’t fall into that trap.
- Use interactive experiential material whenever possible.
- Allow open questions throughout the training.
At the end of each session/topic ask each learner to turn to the person on their right and tell them the best thing they learnt in the last session.
- Engagement and interactivity is key to keeping learners engaged.
- Make your presentations interesting.
- Use an icebreaker to set an interactive, relaxed atmosphere for the training.